Tuesday 28 February 2017

Skype Session on Task 1;

Module 1; Skype call with Paula

Today was our first group Skype session with Paula and other students focusing on Module 1 and any questions we had. We started by introducing ourselves and how far we had gotten with reading and brainstorming the idea of Professional Communication, I found we were on the same page and had similar queries.

After researching Web 2.0 I was able to relate this in our discussion, talking about social networking, video sharing, and the importance of sharing articles and news. An important point made was the advantage of keeping your work profile and personal one separate, which is something I mix together. That being said I was confused with how to apply the Ethical Consideration to my work, but after talking about the separate profiles we discussed keeping our audiences in mind. Mixing both my profiles together means my work photos etc are seen by non performers, which is okay for family members, work colleagues, employers and close friends but what about the other 2000 people who see me half undressed in a costume, it also made me think is the information going to the right people and how can I channel this in the right direction.
This brought me on to Architecture of Participation, a good example was a page that had been created for a up and coming dance school can be shared across social media by the community of people that follow you, this is also putting your trust in social media to get your message across.

I feel a lot more confident about reading on general practitioners and how they relate to my work and continuing with my first draft of Professional Communication Technologies. Paula really helped the areas I was unsure of and it was good to listen to other students ideas and progress.

Alicia


1 comment: